Senior Data Engineer - Senior Software Engineer
SENIOR DATA ENGINEER – SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic global organisation who are at the cutting edge of technology. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will help bring this vision to life by building systems that collect, process, and distribute enormous quantities of data. You’ll collaborate with other engineers to execute on a diverse range of projects. This might include building out our large distributed systems, implementing algorithms, or discovering new ways to leverage 35 petabytes of data and 100 billion requests per month at lightning speeds.
- Demonstrated deep technical capabilities writing and deploying production code.
- Ideally a background in technical skills such as; Python, Docker, Ansible, Fabric, PostgreSQL, Linux, Bash, Pandas, Git, and may be good to have C++, Java, Django, CORBA, SQL Solaris, VHDL, Perl, Pascal, Matlab, C, ARM Assembler.
- Have a passion for building large scale, distributed systems and are comfortable writing high performance code.
- Have a start-up personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and productive.
- Are a data enthusiast who wants to be surrounded by brilliant teammates
Duties and responsibilities
- Design and implement algorithms to efficiently process, analyze, and serve massive datasets on a 1500+ node Hadoop cluster.
- Build, operate, and optimize large distributed systems.
- Embrace and introduce technology innovations to keep the product on the cutting edge of industry tools and best practices.
There are many excellent benefits to be gained from working for this truly international business, and here are just a few more!
* Pension – matched to 10%
* Free lunches
* Free shares
* Private medical insurance
* Season ticket loan
* Life assurance (4 x salary)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960424208