Head of Finance
Head of Finance
Are you an experienced Head of Finance?
Have you experience in Transformation Programme?
Are you process driven with the ability to be hands on and develop strategy?
This newly created role will have responsibility for group reporting, maintaining financial control and compliance, as well as improving working capital performance and operating cost efficiency.
The role will report directly to the Finance Director and will involve an amount of travel, mainly across UK.
Given the successful growth of the business and continued ambitious plans for growth and development this is an exciting and demanding role for an experienced finance executive with drive, determination and the ambition to progress his/her career and work in a dynamic, highly commercial and growth focussed environment.
- Ensuring that the profit management of the business is focused on the main value areas
- Margin management through input into and leading pricing decisions
- Management of the risk policy
- Advising the board on profit forecasting, deviations in performance and required actions to deliver targets
Group Reporting, Financial Control and Compliance
- Ensuring the accuracy, quality and timeliness of monthly reporting to Group for all trading entities
- Management of the monthly balance sheet review processes; constant evolution of the control processes in place
- Identification of balance sheet risks and subsequent mitigation
- Management and control of banking and FX
- Compliance with all external audit, internal audit, HMRC and corporate governance requirements
- Responsibility for all areas of tax activity and compliance within the business
- Monthly/weekly working capital forecasting. On-going program of activity to improve the position, both tactically and systemically
- Management of the transactional teams within finance to ensure the performance and efficiency of both teams and the corresponding impact on working capital and costs
- Maintaining and evolving disciplined credit account set-up processes as well as regular reviewing of credit available for customers to ensure all appropriate activity is being done to maintain ability to sell whilst controlling bad debt risk
- Maintenance of robust process to set up payment facility to suppliers and consistently pay them in line with their expectations
- Relentless follow through of debit note processes and outstanding claims on vendors ensuring vendors are only paid what is due
Operating Cost Efficiency
- Monitoring and management of all costs with timely challenge to individual Directors on areas that need addressing
- Maintenance of clear process for approval and management of capital expenditure
- On-going development of reporting structures and outputs as a driver to increasing focus and transparency of operational costs
- Leading the integration of the finance functions of any acquired companies to create efficient single finance operations team
- Managing the returned stock clearance process to minimise the amount of losses incurred from reverse logistics, including those resulting from sale/clearance stock
- Day to day management of 5 members of the finance team
- Ensuring robust performance management is embedded across the Finance function
- Ensuring a culture of compliance is embedded within the Finance function
Skills and Experience
- Visible and credible leadership skills
- Qualified Accountant
- Comfortable managing an experienced team
- Strong attention to detail and focussed on driving KPI performance
- Experienced in acquisitions and delivering on integration plans
- Hard working with strong personal integrity
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960422187