IT Support Analyst Apprenticeship
There is often someone practical in the family or neighbourhood that everyone turns to for help with their computers, TV or other gadgets. That person is always happy to help. Is that person you?
Currently, we have a position available for a 1st Line Support apprentice. The role will initially be for 12 months but may possibly continue to a permanent role. During this time, you will receive classroom-based training as well as on the job training.
IGD is an organisation that is involved within the international food and grocery industry, respected for its expertise and the quality of information and insight. To that end, the business has a very active in-house IT team, working on its internal infrastructure and applications as well as its external facing web sites. The business takes pride in keeping its systems up to date so you will have the benefit of working with the latest software and equipment.
In this role, you will be...
- Administering the desktops, laptops, printers and iPhones
- Supporting and helping with any issues that users may have
- Required to lift certain things when required as computers need to be moved occasionally
Who should apply...
Someone who is:
- passionate about computers, with the knowledge of how they [the computers] work, gained through school or self-learning
- Able to communicate at all levels with diplomacy and discretion
- able to work as part of a team
- able to provide excellent customer service
- a methodical and highly organised approach to work
- Able with knowledge and experience of installing software onto computers, installing computer equipment and resolving people's issues with their computers is ideal
- Able with knowledge and experience using Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, General TCP networking and iPhones is ideal
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960420916