NetBackup and Storage Engineer
Role: NetBackup and Storage Engineer
Location: Kingswood, Surrey
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Rates: up to £625/day
My Kingswood based client is currently looking for an experienced NetBackup and Storage Engineer to join them on an initial 6 month contract. As a Backup and Storage Engineer with a focus on data centre relocation, the successful candidate will participate and be involved in all aspects of Unix support, development, engineering and support of any project work The successful candidate will act as the primary contact for AWS engagement, driving interaction and engagement with core stakeholders including Cyber Security, Cloud Operations and Product Delivery teams to support the definition of security requirements for new services and refactored applications. The architect is expected to perform secure solution design, ensuring standardisation and consistency in the definition of security principles and ensuring that security is built in by design and complies with my client's security requirements.
* Migration, management and operations of the enterprise Storage & backup platform, to include the software and hardware components of the backup infrastructure as well as backup components within the client estate across all operating systems (with a focus on NetBackup, Dell EMC Block, SAN, NAS & Backup Products)
* Ability to work on large-scale migration programmes whilst also understanding how to introduce innovative approaches to meet a defined target state
* Work with the Architecture and Engineering leads to assist with defining and delivering the strategy for enterprise backup across all backup datasets and platforms focusing on datacentre relocation
* Enterprise backup capacity planning and managing utilisation across the platform for all backup datasets
* Actively monitor and tune backup performance at OS, network and storage layers for a wide variety of disparate datasets across several client platforms for more than a petabyte of data
* Assist in defining metrics, monitoring and reports from any tools deployed in the backup estate
* Documentation and maintenance of operational issues and solutions
* Provides input to engineering of physical components and software required for backup
* Work with the Architecture and Engineering leads to contribute and own various aspects of the backup technology roadmap with the datacentre migration in mind
* Produce, maintain and enforce standards and operational processes for backup configuration, optimization, replication, security and DR
Candidates will be involved in 24 x 7 support and maintenance of the backup platform and infrastructure, including participation in an 'on-call' rota and other out of hour's activities as required.
If this role sounds of interest and you require further information then please respond with an up to date copy of your CV.
Hydrogen UK Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960420641