Junior Support Analyst - Modern Apprentice
Fantastic apprenticeship opportunities available at the University of Edinburgh. You can finish all your exams in school, secure your dream apprenticeship role and start employment at a world-renowned University
This is an exciting opportunity to become a valued member of the CAHSS Digital Innovation Team based in the University of Edinburgh's Central Area campus. The Digital Innovation Team members work closely together to deliver projects and services from their offices overlooking George Square and consist of talented full-stack developers, digital designers, UX and marketing experts, content managers, multimedia producers, and project managers. There will be a lead line manager throughout the placement.
To maintain our reputation as one of the world's leading universities, we recruit the best people to a variety of support, professional and academic roles each year. We offer an exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work. We give you support, nurture your talent, develop and reward success and integrate professional and personal career goals, as well as give your career the benefit of a great and distinguished reputation. In addition, our employees benefit from a competitive reward package and a wide range of staff benefits, which include generous holiday entitlement, a defined benefits pension scheme, staff discounts and much more.
The Digital Innovation Team supports the College of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences (CAHSS) and its 12 Schools to deliver digital solutions and manage a catalogue of digital services that promote first-class teaching and research across a very wide range of academic disciplines. You will work as part of a supportive, diverse and busy digital team.
A typical day would start at 9am. The daily tasks would include:
- Monitoring the University's incident reporting system, UniDesk.
- Providing 1st line support for specialist services provided by the team via the University's incident reporting system, resolving as many calls as possible before escalating to colleagues.
- Monitoring the email marketing account for issues and requests.
- Helping colleagues across the college with queries relating to the intranet.
- Using web analysis and evaluation tools to help in strategic decision making.
- Supporting any other systems and applications as required.
- Familiarity with computer equipment and basics concepts.
- Reliable and able to adapt and cope with new situations or change.
- Willingness to learn and open to new challenges.
- Interpersonal and communications skills to deal with students, staff and visitors.
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- 35 Hrs per week
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960422426