Embedded Systems Engineer, York, £38,000
Department: Product Development Region: York Report to: Hardware Development Manager Hours: 37.5 Purpose and Responsibilities
My client looking for a Senior Developer with several years’ experience in developing embedded products in C and C++. You will be joining a rapidly growing team designing and developing cutting edge systems for the gaming industry.
The ideal candidate would be a good team player, passionate about development and have the ability to learn new skills / languages as required. This role has a lot of scope for progression for the right candidate with a strong work ethic and leadership qualities. We adopt a fun and enthusiastic work environment so a similar outlook combined with a can-do attitude would be beneficial to fitting into our team.
- Embedded C and C++ software development of electro-mechanical products
- Low level programming of micro-controller hardware modules and registers
- High level programming of complex API on embedded targets
- Experience of Atmel / PIC / Nordic microcontrollers and development environments
- Control of electro-mechanical systems and real time systems
- Bluetooth Low Energy communication networks
- Arduino Software Architecture
- CAN, Ethernet, UART, and Serial Data Bus Networks
- Electronic Circuit Design
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Electronic, Mechanical and Platform Software Engineers, and Product Innovators
- A proven track record of adopting and building upon legacy code
Other Desirable Requirements
- A strong degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
- You must be passionate about technology, love programming and be excited by the opportunity to learn new technologies.
- You should possess good communication skills as the role requires some interaction with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You should have the ability to learn the existing API within 6 months.
- You should have the ability to create reusable code where possible.
- Your code must be readable and of high quality.
- You will be expected to meet agreed deadlines for code completion.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960423253