Software Engineer / Embedded / Safety / FAE
My client seeks a talented and highly motivated Software Engineer/Field Application Engineer (FAE) to join their field engineering services team. The team provides the main technical interface to our customers, providing a first class customer experience using Rapita's cutting-edge on-target software verification solutions. Our tools, including code coverage and software execution time analysis, are widely used for testing and verification of reliable embedded software in aerospace, automotive and space applications.
You will be based at our York office and your work will involve travelling around the world helping customers develop the real-time embedded systems of the future. The position calls for intelligence, knowledge, hard work and commitment. You will be working with embedded systems, safety-critical software, real-time systems and build systems in a variety of languages with varied technologies (including C, C++, Ada, Perl, Bash, Linux, Windows, Make, XML, PowerPC, Tricore, ARM).
As an FAE, your key responsibilities will include:
- providing expert integration services, consultancy, training and technical support for high profile customers around the world;
- development and maintenance of embedded software;
- helping our customers to use our tools, by visiting them and offering prompt, accurate and positive responses to customer support requests;
- working on the wide variety of processors, compilers, debuggers and real-time operating systems we regularly encounter on customer sites; and
- influencing product development by identifying customer needs and helping to translate these needs into commercial tools.
You can also expect to be involved in a variety of other activities, including:
- creating and maintaining technology demonstrators;
- performing case studies;
- creating technical reports and articles;
- research and development projects;
- generating website content; and
- presenting and exhibiting at shows and conferences.
Required skills and experience
You will have:
- a strong software background with experience of either reliable software, embedded software, or real-time systems;
- excellent degree or PhD level qualifications in Computer Science or related disciplines (a 2.1 or higher);
- strong interpersonal skills for customer facing work;
- ability to be organized under pressure, a "can do" attitude and enthusiasm;
- excellent written and spoken English language ability.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with aerospace and/or automotive applications, and familiarity with any of DO-178B, ARINC-653, ISO26262, AUTOSAR or related technologies.
What you will bring to the business
You will be highly motivated, hard working, innovative, and self-reliant, with good interpersonal and communication skills.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960423243