My client in central Birmingham are recruiting for a experienced Credit conrtoller, ideally with experience within Property. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Key duties include:
· Maintain records of debtor payment performance and issue payment reminders to poor payers
· Chase arrears on behalf of clients in accordance with clients' debt recovery policies for the methods and timescales to be employed in escalating recoveries
· Keep surveyors responsible for clients and tenants informed of progress in collecting arrears
· Agree all escalation steps to recover debts with the surveyor responsible prior to initiating action
· Maintain records of agreed repayment plans and ensure such plans are approved by the surveyor and/or client as appropriate
· Track repayments against agreed payment plans and notify surveyors and client accountants of any default
· Instruct solicitors and/or bailiffs to recover outstanding sums in accordance with client instructions and agreed with the surveyor responsible
· Record details of conversations and actions agreed with tenants to clear outstanding arrears
· Provide information to support preparation of monthly credit control reports and aged debtor analyses
· Ensure that all tenant queries are actioned within 24 hours, liaising with surveyors and client accountants
· Report any tenant disputes and/or complaints to the surveyor and client accountant responsible
· Reconcile tenant statements / aged debtor reports
· Provide tenants with copies of any missing documentation
· Assist in the allocation of cash receipts at peak periods
· Contribute to the identification of unallocated cash
· Experience in a credit control / rent collection role within a busy office environment. Qualification or part qualification in credit control and debt management or a related accounting discipline a distinct advantage
· Experience of using computer based accounting systems, ideally Trace Tramps, or similar packages such as Yardi Propware / Voyager, Qube Horizon, etc.
· Able to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
· Good skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advertisement. If you have not heard from us within 48 hours, then you may presume that your application has been unsuccessful.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960422486