Customer Support Engineer - Automotive (Quality/NPI)
Our client, a global manufacturing company is looking to recruit a Quality Specialist/Engineer. The position is permanent and based in County Durham. The Quality Specialist will be responsible for the technical management of quality in product creation and product improvement to meet customer expectations.
The primary function of the quality specialist is to initiate and monitor the process improvement, monitors quality performance.
The primary function of the Quality Specialist is to initiate and monitor the process of quality improvement, proactively monitor quality performance, identify/communicate lessons learned and provide contributions to the Product Quality team.
- Quality improvement regarding running product
- Regular data analysis of internal and field quality performance of products
- Identification of major quality issues and escalation into problem solving process
- Participation in product improvement arenas
- Initiate and control the problem resolution process using appropriate processes (8D, Six Sigma) and tools
- Approve containment and corrective actions
- Monitor timelines and ensure robust resolution
- Proactive monitoring of quality performance
- Conduct/coordinate Quality Audits, incorporating customer feedback and investigation information
- Report results and track improvement actions
- Lessons learned
- Identify common problems and solutions
- Provide lessons learned reports and be the single point contact for clarification
- Drive the incorporation of lessons learned into product and process standards
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing or related technical field/equivalent industry experience
Skills and Capabilities (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- High degree of technical aptitude with a demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes and JIT (Just In Time).
- Basic knowledge in quality planning tools to include, but not limited to: QFD, FMEA, Flow Chart, Control Plan, Poka Yoke and Risk Assessments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and oral/written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts.
- Strong personal computer skills in data mining and Microsoft Office software applications (Examples: Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong planning and organization skills with a high attention to detail
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong initiative and ability to be assertive and persistent in meeting timelines
- Ability to adapt to changing situations in a flexible manner and reprioritize work as necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding proprietary company information
- Ability to work extended hours, including overtime and weekends, as business needs require.
- Ability to travel up to 25% to domestic and international locations as required
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960419698