Information Security Consultant
Hydrogen Group's banking client based in Glasgow are currently recruiting an Information Security Consultant who has covered Infrastructure, Applications and Data high level designs with and appreciation for information security.
Working closely with security consultancy and architecture team you will design security solutions and provide consultancy and assurance to the banks wider design community, ensuring security solutions are defined and in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Designing security network, operational and software solutions designs for security specific projects
- Assess and approve the security of in-house and third party applications, services and infrastructure designs
- Make security recommendations to improve the security of new or existing applications, services, processes and infrastructure designs
- Identify key points that will require auditing to ensure future compliance with internal policy/standards, industry regulations or are indicators of compromise
- Define security operation patterns to ensure that the security of applications, services and infrastructure are managed in line with existing security policies and principles agreed during the initial assessment
- Assist developers and systems administrators in designing and evaluating secure solutions
- Create and document security standards and procedures
- Continue to develop a framework to allow an agile and consistent approach to security assessment and design
- Experienced IT professional with the ability to lead/influence/guide senior stakeholders across both business and technology domains
- Practical experience implementing/assessing risk against company and external standards
- Practical experience reviewing designs and enhancing security solutions against company and or external standards
- Experience of delivering secure solution designs and or network or application designs
- Knowledge and a demonstrable interest for information & technical security and its technologies
- Strong and relevant academic qualifications
- Experience of operational implementation of solutions and multi project prioritisation
- Strong relationship management, communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey key messages across all levels of the organisation, tailoring output accordingly
- Can operate as a consultant at early stages of a project where expectations are fluid and/or ill-defined
- Ability to work collaboratively to develop the architecture contract and thereafter govern the solution to ensure it meets business and technology architecture requirements
- Highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of secure development practices such as OWASP
- Experience or working knowledge of application / network security
- Technical mind-set with an aptitude for analysis and investigation
- Ability to think strategically, work with a sense of urgency and pay attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and shows a willingness to learn new skills and take on new work
- Keeps up to date with industry trends, new threats and changes in the security landscape
- Able to analyse technical data to decipher, prioritise and act upon findings
- Knowledge of current information security standards and regulations such as PCI-DSS, ISO27000 series, GDPR , PSD2
If you have the skills and knowledge to perform this role I would love to hear from you as soon as possible.
Hydrogen UK Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960424939