Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Lift Engineer to join our team in London. The successful applicant will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a salary of £35,000 - £42,000 per annum.
Peabody and Family Mosaic have merged, creating a new housing association providing 55,000 homes to 111,000 people across London and the South East. Our combined scale and strong focus on London will uniquely position us to revolutionise housing delivery and redefine best practice - and you will be central to making it happen.
Skills, knowledge and experience required by the Lift Engineer:
- Extensive experience within the lift/electrical industry
- Intermediate IT skill including knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
- Previously held a supervisory position within the social housing environment
- Ability to devise, communicate, and gain acceptance for and implement new ideas and technical solutions to building services problems and to convey information to others by way of written reports and technical specifications
- Demonstrate experience and skills managing customer relationships to ensure a high level of customer care and satisfaction
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills and experience of creating and maintaining accurate and complex written and computerised records as well as collating and disseminating information
- Proactively demonstrate Leadership and Management Programme behaviours
- Comprehensive understanding of LOLER regulations
- A full working knowledge EN-81
- Up to date knowledge of legislative developments and demonstrable ability to continually promote best practice in the work place
- Awareness of building services legislation
Qualifications required by the Lift Engineer:
- NVQ 3 / 4 Lift Engineering or BTEC National Lift Engineering
- Full UK drivers licence and use of vehicle
Desirable practical qualifications required by the Lift Engineer:
- City & Guilds
- BET12-Basic Engineering in lifts Parts 1&2
- C38 Electrical & Electronic maintenance skills
- J570 Basic Lifts
- J501 Common core skills
- J503 Electrical Rotating machines and control gear
- J576 Lift inspection and servicing
- J578 Service and Maintenance of hydraulic lift components
Closing date & time: 6th April 2018 - 5.00pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Lift Engineer please click 'Apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960426693