New opportunity not to be missed! Innovative Technology has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineering Technician to join our growing team based in Oldham, Manchester. In return, we offer a highly-competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
At Innovative Technology, we're a global market leader in the design and manufacture of cash validation devices and processing services. We've over 380 employees at 10 locations across five continents, with around 180 based in our state-of-the-art head office.
At Innovative Technology, we strive to be the best at what we do and are proud of our track record of innovation and growth, so it's great to be recognised for our achievements and success. Recent accolades include The Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade, The Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and being listed in the London Stock Exchange 1000 companies to inspire Britain.
Innovative Technology are looking for an Engineering Technician to join our Continuous Improvement Team. You'll play a key role in conducting a broad range of tests to help our team find new ways of improving the cutting-edge cash and coin validation technologies we develop.
As our Engineering Technician you'll enjoy a varied and challenging role, where you'll have the opportunity to investigate a range of pre-production technical issues, with your work helping to ensure of market leading products stay at the forefront of industry standards for accuracy, durability and reliability.
This position would ideally suit an individual from an electromechanical test or repair background who's looking to develop their career in a product development environment. To be successful you'll need to be a patient, methodical and proactive problem solver, who'll relish the autonomy and accountability the role offers.
- From within the dedicated Continuous Improvement Team, work closely with the Research & Development and Productions teams to solve mechanical and electronic issues in pre-production.
- Inspect, measure, test, repair, modify and rebuild new and existing components and devices to ensure they work to desired standards.
- Use your proven experience to proactively investigate and solve problems, undertake root cause analysis, write tests and find ways to improve manufacturing efficiencies and quality.
- Accurately record all data and outcomes, write reports, present findings back to the team and make recommendations.
- Once established there'll be increased autonomy and the opportunity to be involved in the development function.
Your Skills & Experience
- Mechanical testing and/or repairs, with experience of electronic testing advantageous.
- Completion of vocational training and/or academic qualifications in electrical/electronic engineering.
- The ability to read and interpret CAD drawings and electronic schematics.
- Experience of firmware and software testing would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills with the ability to confidently resolve issues.
- Ability to work diligently, with high attention to detail, and to tight timescales.
Your Package & Perks
- Highly-competitive and negotiable, depending on suitability and experience
- Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from us
- Flexible working hours and working from home available, to fit around personal commitments, with the option to - finish from midday on Fridays
- Paid breaks, lounge style canteens and games tables, with free fruit and hot premium drinks
- 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, for great work-life balance, with the opportunity to earn extra days holiday
- Private Healthcare Scheme available for you (as benefit in kind), and the option to add family members
- Educational Sponsorship, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Informal dress code, free onsite modern gym, free secure parking, staff car workshop and an active social calendar
If you're an experienced Engineering Technician looking to join a team operating at the centre of a dynamic, expanding state-of-the-art electronics manufacturer, we want to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960423271