Project Engineer - Driveline Clutch/Dual Mass Flywheel
The candidate will be required to define a component concept from test data, translate it into a design, define the validation plan, then take the project through development into production
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Deliver Driveline System(s) on time into production achieving
- Quality: Use AML engineering quality systems (FMEAs, Robustness Studies etc) to identify & contain potential quality concerns
- Cost: Support Driveline Manager in definition of programme cost targets & work with suppliers to deliver system that achieves these targets
- Weight: Support Driveline Manager in definition of programme weight targets & manage CAD engineers to design system that achieves targets
- Function: Generate robust System Design Specification to define system functional targets & deliver components to meet targets. Support Test & Development team with DVP planning & execution & ensure supplier tests are completed on time.
- Package: Manage CAD engineers to achieve static & dynamic clearance targets, negotiate component change in other areas of AML Product Development if required to achieve clearances.
- Deliver the commodity programme to meet Mission Gateway objectives.
- Define & manage a commodity plan for each programme including design & manufacturing lead-times as well as key programme deliverables timing.
- Complete Change Tracking Documents, Engineering Release Notices & Releases to allow engineering changes to be approved by the Aston Martin Lagonda organisations.
- Resolve engineering eCMS (electronic Change Management System) Concerns in a timely fashion. maintain control of costs via CMS.
- Present programme status to Gateways, support Powertrain design reviews, Aston Martin Lagonda Package Meetings & Powertrain Programme Module Team meetings.
- Lead Failure Modes and Effects Analysis and input to manufacturing Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
- Track the spend on tooling, engineering & parts for the system & predict the spend to the end of the project to ensure that it can be completed within the available budget be responsible for updating CMS
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience of delivering a commodity to production, as well as be able to demonstrate a robust engineering approach
- Prioritise multiple tasks on a day to day level
- Must be flexible & able to communicate at all levels.
- Self-motivated & driven to achieve results.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960422171