The company is a leading international solution provider of sorting systems for letters, flats & packets with a continuous evolution of its products expanding to baggage handling and parcels. A series of innovations and improvements position the MBHS (Multi-Sorting Baggage Handling System based on a consolidated cross-belt handling proprietary technology) as one of the most advanced, high-performance baggage handling systems on the market; enhancing customers travelling experiences.
As part of the Proposal Engineering Team you will be working in a highly dynamic and fast paced integrated team ensuring we create business winning material handling solutions. With demonstrable expertise and brilliance in systems design, you will act as a key player in influencing the layout, costing and development of customer optimised wining solutions. You will work closely supporting the Sales team from first contact to final bid in ensuring they are continuously delivering customer focussed solutions.
Skills: Design, Materials handling, Sortation, Courier, Parcel, Electrical, Mechanical
Using your skills to deliver incredible results:
- Along with the Sales team, meet with clients to elicit accurate requirements in line with their business profile, understanding material flows and provide coherent reports to enable solution creation
- From client contact, taking the key requirements, considerations and metrics define the optimised solution based on the companies capability offering to deliver market leading material handling systems
- Responsible for working on designs of material handling systems according to customer requirements and internal design rules.
- This includes modifications on existing systems. Occasional site visits may be required.
- Responsible for all Layout Engineering deliverables – creating 3D layout models
- Ability to work at various levels of design, from abstract conceptual level then translating these into detailed design layouts
- Understand and produce Material Flow Diagrams defining all system, nodal and mechatronic flows to ensure an optimised and cost effective solution
- Responsible for the overall systems design to provide:
- A system compliant with Health and Safety requirements including CDM and other local legislative requirements.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960422537