This client are market leaders for lighting connection and control products. Key to their success is their commitment to leading the market through innovative product design.
Joining a busy and dynamic development team, the System Engineer will use their experience and enthusiasm to design, develop and maintain bespoke software systems for production as well as supporting the development of new products and the companies IT systems.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Design and develop bespoke software systems for production.
- Maintain existing bespoke software systems for production.
- Support and provide input into product development process.
- Support companies IT & phone systems.
- Drive and maintain relevant development tools and processes.
- Create and manage relevant documentation.
- Follow office systems / best practice.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure software meet their needs.
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure designs can be produced in an economic and practical manner.
- Manage multiple projects.
- Work in accordance with company Health & Safety Policy.
- Work in accordance with the intentions and requirements of the Equal Opportunities policy.
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested.
- Experience of developing bespoke software systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Able to code in C, C+, and Visual Basic.
- Able to program Microchip PICs, Arduinos and PLC’s.
- Hardware debugging skills and strong analytical mind-set.
- Strong IT skills including MS Office and MY SQL.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, Server Setup, Networking – (Firewalls/Switches) and Sage, would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of electronics would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of App development would be an advantage.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to prioritise own work load and work without supervision.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960425819