Gear Box Design Engineer
Gear Box Design Engineer
Location: Central London/Yarnton
ARRIVAL Ltd is a technology company making vehicles the way they should be - fully electric, digitally connected, and smart. We are working with some of the world's leading business and governments with the goal to re-define how cities look, think and feel. Our vehicles will be 100% built by robots and are autonomous-ready.
We recently announced a trial with the Royal Mail, we are the Official Electric Truck Partner of the FIA Formula E Championship, and we supply the components to the first fully electric and driverless race car and racing series, Roborace.
We’ve assembled some of the finest minds in software, engineering, AI and robotics and now we are now seeking a Gearbox Design Engineer to design and develop high power and highly efficient gearboxes.
- Design and develop high performance gearboxes for electric and hybrid vehicles
- Meet target specifications including cost, size, weight and overall efficiency within specific timelines
- Model gearbox performance using CAD simulation software
- Test and validate motor designs
- Generate innovate solutions to continuously improve our designs
- To work as a cohesive team within the Arrival group and to forge credible working relationships with our suppliers
- To effectively manage the full service supply chain
- A degree in engineering or equivalent with relevant experience gained from the automotive sector
- Extensive and proven experience in gearbox design including simulation
- The ability to understand concepts and to make a significant contribution to the design of the product drawing from your knowledge and expertise of leading edge technologies
- A positive attitude and a passionate approach to drive delivery and optimise quality systems and processes
- A proactive 'hands on' approach
- Great team-working skills as well as a high affinity for delivering first-quality engineering services to the customer
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate complex problems with clarity to a technical and non-technical audience
We’d love it if you have:
- A hunger to learn
- A huge desire to achieve
- The ability to work in a fast moving meritocracy where every employee looks to constantly improve themselves and their company
A career with Arrival will expose you to the bare-bones of a highly ambitious and entrepreneurial technology company, so if you’re interested in creating the future, not just talking about it, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply for this Gear Box Design Engineer position please send your CV by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960417626