MAINTENANCE ENGINEERS……….TO DISCOVER NEW THINGS, YOU HAVE TO TRY NEW THINGS.
So why not try us, here at Roberts Bakery, we’ve been challenging traditions and shaking up baking since 1887. Whether it’s adding a dash of plum vodka to an unsuspecting teacake or jazzing up a roll with some racy selection of aromatic spices, we always like to take a fresh approach.
This approach has resulted in continued innovation and growth and we are seeking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer for our Ilkeston bakery. You will receive many benefits such as a pension, healthcare cash plan, life insurance, income protection and much more.
We’ve just recently created a new, modern lifestyle brand to challenge consumers and customers to think differently about bread and bakery. In fact, our G&T Fun Buns have just been named top bread category launch in The Grocer’s Top Products Survey 2017 and we couldn’t be prouder.
We’re officially very lovely employers after recently scooping the Food and Drink Federation’s ‘Good Employer’ Award. It’s an accolade that recognizes and celebrates all of our efforts to create a positive working environment and our respected reputation as an Employer of Choice.
As the Maintenance Engineer your duties will be to:
- Responsible for all engineering activities while on site, to include breakdowns, planned activities, closure of engineering work orders.
- Provide an innovative role in problem-solving, performance improvement and raising standards within the department.
- Cover for out of hours when required in cases of an emergency breakdown.
- Work safely, adhering to all health and safety standards this role provides effective engineering support to the manufacturing facility through reactive engineering and planned preventative schedules.
- Must be able to work alone and prioritise work based on the plant requirements.
To be a successful Maintenance Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Electrically competent on distribution systems, instrumentation, relay logic.
- Competent on drive systems, pneumatics, Gas appliances (Not necessary to be gas certified), conveying systems & packaging equipment (Flow Wraps) both mechanical and electrical aspects.
- Control systems – Strong technical skills to work on PLC/HMI and variable speed drives. Allen Bradley/Mitsubishi preferred. Able to use programming tools using software to aid fault finding process.
- Apprenticeship trained.
- Food industry experience a distinct advantage although not essential.
- Must work in a safe manner.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in multi-disciplined teams (production, quality etc.)
You will be working rotational day shifts, 12 hours, 3-week shift pattern, working 1 weekend in 3.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960422334