Software engineer - algorithms, language parsing, R&D
My client is seeking a talented and highly motivated Software Engineer to join its growing team, who are responsible for developing cutting-edge software tools for the global aerospace and automotive software industries. Based in York, the successful applicant will play a key role in the development and deployment of our software, which is used for testing of real-time embedded systems around the world. The position calls for intelligence, knowledge, hard work and commitment.
We are specifically looking for someone experienced in complex algorithms such as graph transformation, language parsing and formal methods; we need someone with exceptional skills to work on detailed complex software projects. You will be working on advanced technologies with a strong element of research.
- Development of high quality software using a variety of languages and technologies (Ada, C, C++, Java, Perl, SQL and others)
- Adding features, resolving problems, fixing bugs, testing and improving the quality of our products
- Investigating and understanding customer needs leading to the specification and design of new software and features
- Taking part in research, driving current and future technology, coming up with innovative ideas and seeing them through to completion
- Working with major aerospace, space and automotive companies in the UK and around the world
- Generating content to support the sales and marketing of new features
- Other tasks as necessary; my client is a small, dynamic company – we look for staff who are able to adapt to take on new challenges
Required skills and experience
- A strong software background and excellent programming skills
- The desire and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Skills in some or all of the following: Ada, C, C++, Java (the ability to learn new technologies is far more important than Ada experience - our philosophy is to hire good people who can learn, not focus on specific skills
- An excellent degree or PhD level qualification in computer science or a related field
- Organizational ability and a positive "can do" attitude
Desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge or experience of real-time and embedded systems
- Aerospace or automotive experience, especially DO-178B/C, ISO 26262 or IEC61508
- A research background, innovation
- Linux & Windows development
What you will bring to the business
You will be highly motivated, hard-working and innovative with excellent software skills and the ability to learn about our products quickly.
Salary £28k - £50k depending on experience and ability. Location: York, UK.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960423252