Class Teacher - Wilsden Primary School, Bradford
The responsibilities and professional duties of the post are to be performed in accordance with the provisions of the most recent version of the Teachers’ Standards.
Teachers make the education of their pupils their first concern, and are accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct. Teachers act with honesty and integrity; have strong subject knowledge, keep their knowledge and skills as teachers up-to-date and are self-critical; forge positive professional relationships; and work with parents, colleagues and external agencies in the best interests of their pupils.
Purpose of the role
To ensure all pupils achieve high standards of learning and well-being.
Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
Plan and teach well-structured lessons
Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
Make accurate and productive use of assessment
Manage behaviour and resources effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
Fulfill wider professional responsibilities
Personal and professional conduct
The post holder will:
- Be expected to actively support work and values of the Focus-Trust;
- Be expected to undertake such additional duties as may reasonably be requested by the Principal or their representative.
- Respect confidentiality of staff, pupils, families and visitors and not breach this trust. Any breaches of confidentiality must be reported to the Principal immediately.
- Comply with the requirements of all policies, procedures & handbooks of the Focus-Trust and individual academy.
- Participate in arrangements for appraisal and in the identification of areas in which s/he would benefit from training and undergo such training.
- Proactively keep abreast of developments in relation to the post, and whenever possible and appropriate, attend professional development opportunities.
- Comply with and support all requirements related to equal opportunities and safeguarding children.
A fully copy of the job description is on the attached document
How to Apply
Please note that uploading your CV is the first stage of the application process. You will be sent an email with a link to complete an online application form, which you must complete to be considered.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960414727