Global Operations Support Engineer
Global Operations Support Engineer – Milton Keynes - £30,000 to £38,000 – Ref: J2150
We have an exciting opportunity for a Global Operations Support Engineer to join one of the fastest growing companies within their market place. Although they are a multimillion pound turnover organisation in their own right, they are also part or a much larger Global brand with customers in over 100 countries. This allows them to invest heavily in their Research and development, as well as their employee’s personnel / career development.
The Global Operations Support Engineer will be joining a team of 4 (1 in the UK, 1 in New Zealand and 2 in the US) providing follow the sun support for their SaaS based applications and the Infrastructure and Networks this sits on.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effectively administering the Global Operations Support function to ensure all issues are resolved promptly to a high level of service
- Liaise with customer facing teams to ensure that the correct resources are assigned according to customer priorities
- Help drive the bug management process through the identification, documentation, prioritisation, testing and deployment
- Taking ownership of monitoring the core systems and responding to any critical alerts
- Provide out of hours support 1 weekend in every 4
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- You must have previous experience in a similar role, where you were responsible for monitoring and responding to critical issues within a hosted, Data Centre, NOC or SaaS Environment.
- Any knowledge of Telematics, GPS or Fleet Management solutions would be looked upon favourably although this is not an essential requirement
- Must be able to provide out of hours support 1 weekend in every 4
For more information please contact Michael Johnson of Venables Parsons Search & Selection (VPss).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960415309