MVF is one of the UK’s leading customer generation companies. We are a rapidly growing business – we topped the Sunday Times Tech Track, and since then grew 278% per annum before quadrupling in size again. We now employ over 400 staff in the UK and USA, and conduct marketing activities in more than 120 countries.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams.
Our MVF Values
Company culture is the backbone of MVF's business, this is why we have been voted as the best place to work in London and number 2 in the UK for the 2018 Sunday Times Best Companies List. We are constantly looking for ways to make our company an even better place to work. People join us to change the industry and work with world-class talent, enabling exponential acceleration in their personal careers.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be World Class
- Work Smart, Deliver Fast
- Love Innovation
- Help Others Succeed
- Earn Trust
- Inspire Positivity
MVF’s Technology team vision is to create the world's leading digital marketing platform that drives long-term client growth, and as a technology and data driven business we recognise the key role outstanding engineers play in helping us achieve it.
We expect much of MVF’s growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. We strongly believe it is our team that can deliver this impact.
The engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to MVF being recently recognised as the UK's Fastest Growing Tech Firm.
Our world class technology team is expanding and our platforms and delivery processes are becoming more sophisticated at the same time.
As a technology and data driven business, we recognise the key role outstanding engineers play in helping us achieve our vision.
DevOps Engineers at MVF work closely with our Data, Product and Platform Engineering teams to ensure the continued reliability and availability of our infrastructure, products and platforms. We believe that teams supporting their work in production is the best way to ensure the production of high quality software, so you will work with these teams to ensure that they have the skills, tools and direction to enable this. Ideally, you are either a developer with operations experience or an operations engineer from a development background.
Developers at MVF have unique access to and involvement in the business and its direction. Collaborating with colleagues from across the company they play a key role in helping to define the scope, architecture and implementation details of projects at all levels and have a real impact on the commercial outcomes and ultimate success of each project.
You can expect to be fully involved in engineering from the start, including participating in code reviews and daily standups. You will provide insight into the delivery of current and upcoming team tasks. By the end of your first week you will have successfully put your first changes into production.
- Lead our Platform Engineering team which includes developers with a responsibility in Ops from our Product Teams
- Build platform products and tools and improve existing ones
- Take part in decisions related to how we undertake new projects
- Work closely with our fellow engineers, designers, PMs and others
- Challenge our engineering teams to improve their design choices
- Manage our Amazon Web Services infrastructure using many of their products
- Manage and support our on-call process with our engineers
- Delights in readable, well-designed, well-tested scripts
- Experience with TDD environments (ideally using PHP/React: Codeception, PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Enzyme, Jest, Nightwatch, Cypress)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Experience with Logging/Monitoring (Datadog or New Relic/Papertrail)
- Experience with relational databases (ideally MySQL/Redshift/Snowflake)
- Experience with “infrastructure as code” using Cloudformation and Chef (Ruby)
- Experience/interest in Docker/ECS
- Experience with tuning Wordpress or a CMS and performance using CDN (Fastly/Cloudfront/Cloudflare)
- Experience designing resilient networks/infrastructure
- Experience with disaster recovery and “chaos” testing
- Experience of Security best-practice (least privilege and separation of duties)
- Professional experience writing web-based applications and a willingness to quickly get up to speed on our stack (PHP/Python)
Professional “DevOps” experience managing toolchains and cloud-based production environments and a willingness to quickly get up to speed on our stack (PHP/ Python)
Nice to haves:
- Containerisation and infrastructure management
- Microservice architectures
- AWS cloud and the relevant “DevOps” services and tools
- Front-end web technology, bonus points for React
- Web architecture at scale
- "NoSQL" data backends (Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Experience solving logistical problems with software
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960418794