Cultural Change Manager
Cultural Change Manager
Job ID: R-64071
Property & Facilities’ vision is to create a vibrant, inspiring and flexible workplace where our people can deliver for our customers. Workplace experience has a direct impact on attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry by promoting wellness and productivity … which makes our customers happy too.
This role will ensure that Aviva’s workplaces continue to meet the evolving requirements and expectations of our colleagues and other building users. You will translate your wide knowledge of workplace culture across a number of industry sectors into strategies, principles and change initiatives that enhance workplace experience and benefit Aviva. You will also use your experience of delivering cultural change to influence new ways of working that promote wellness and productivity.
If you can inspire 17,000 colleagues by improving their workplace culture and experience, come and help us make a positive difference in Aviva.
Duties & Responsibilities
Your innovative thinking will help to deliver great workplaces inspire our colleagues.
An inquisitive and challenging approach coupled with knowledge of cultural change will shape the way we design and deliver strategies and services. You will engage with colleagues across Aviva to understand their needs and expectations, whilst using strong influencing skills to ensure that cultural change is successfully delivered. Your work will guide a wide range of Property & Facilities outcomes, from real estate strategy and office design through to ways of working, wellness measures and new technologies.
As a key member of the FM Operations team you will:
- Ensure that workplace changes and facilities services focus on colleague experience
- Engage with colleagues to understand their needs and translate them into strategies, services and processes
- Provide thought leadership on the benefits of workplace culture, office design, ways of working, wellness and new technologies
- Support the Workplace Change team to deliver complex projects without friction for our colleagues
- Lead engagement and communications to ensure that cultural change is successfully delivered
- Guide design functions (in-house and outsource) on how vibrant workplaces can excite colleagues and improve productivity
- Benchmark our achievements against industry best practice
- Advise on how cultures and ways of working should drive property strategy
Whilst this role primarily focuses upon Aviva’s occupied offices in UK and Ireland, you will also advise on best practice/delivery for global projects and services.
Skills & Experience required
You will have relevant experience of delivering cultural change in a customer focused environment and be educated to degree/MBA level. It’s also important that you have:
- A challenging approach, always questioning the status quo and influencing others
- A proven track record in delivering change and getting things done
- Great communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary (dependent on skills & experience)
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We’re here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960420854