Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer required to undertake all functions allocated by departmental management in support of product design, system integration and test facility design, including calculations, production drawings, documentation and graphical representations of installations. The principal area of work will be the production of drawings using 2D and 3D CAD software. This role may involve travel to client site(s).
- Prepare mechanical layout drawings for test facilities, test stand assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Produce such approved mechanical designs, calculations, BOM’s, specifications, drawings and test criteria documents as are required to support the bidding process and fulfilment of contracts.
- Provide support and guidance during the installation and commission phase of a project.
- Develop and maintain a level of expertise in employer products and processes as appropriate to the role (training provided)
- Comply with all Quality Assurance and Environmental Protection procedures pertinent to the mechanical design process.
Ideally you will have experience gained in engine and/or automotive test industry.
- Educated to at least HND level in Mechanical Engineering as a minimum.
- Working towards or have achieved Chartered status with a Professional Engineering Institution is desirable.
- IT literate including AutoCAD and preferably Solidworks experience.
- Experience in the design of machined components and complex fabrications.
- A working knowledge of the Machinery Directive and the CE marking process is required
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a World leading Company at the very forefront in its industry.
A competitive salary and benefits package is offered.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960421583