Solution Architect - Public Sector
Our Newport based client has a permanent requirement for a Solution Architect to work within their large public sector organisation.
As a Solution Architect you will be working as a collective within an architectural community, defining the appropriate reference architecture to support the implementation and aspirations of the enterprise architecture.
Based on a platform approach, will be responsible for identifying the components, services and non-functional requirements to ensure that we are able to translate the conceptual solution architecture into reality.
Through a range of artefacts and working across multiple projects, you will translate business architecture requirements into specific solutions, which will fit into the overall architecture approach and provide technical leads with direction, guidance and assurance.
You will require an excellent knowledge of modern IT solutions and the underpinning solution architectures, gained through current hands on involvement in developing real-world systems. This should be based on a SOA / Micro Services approach and through the implementation of digital transformational projects.
In addition, you will have sound technical skills, excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work closely with both technical and business individuals, directing and influencing them in how to develop their business processes, project delivery and technical implementation.
The main responsibilities of the post are:
- Develop an overarching reference architecture which considers all the necessary components and services required to achieve the implementation of the client enterprise architecture.
- Investigate and introduce new technologies which will be required to implement the requirements of the reference architecture, including leading the rapid development of prototypes work within both areas of infrastructure architects and technical leads to ensure that they are embedded into the framework of the client IT Systems.
- Working with specific project teams, develop specific solution architectures for the scope of the project, taking into consideration user needs, re-use, data management, resilience, performance, scalability and security in a service orientated approach.
- Co-ordinate work across projects to manage the interfaces between platforms and products in the client architecture. Ensure that APIs and interfaces are specified and developed in a manner to allow seamless integration.
- Develop and maintain the appropriate documentation required to describe the client solution architecture at both an enterprise/solution level and use different views to describe the architecture to individuals at all levels.
- Act as the technical design authority in project delivery, working with technical leads to ensure that the requirements of the solution architecture are implemented in full and that dependencies are managed.
- Undertake information gathering, scene setting meetings with other government departments, evaluate technical proposals from external suppliers and make implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Supporting members of development teams in breaking down complex problems and identifying steps towards solutions.
- Participate in the client architecture community to refine and develop the client IT and data roadmaps and strategies.
The following Civil Service Competencies - Level 4 will be assessed at interview stage:
- Seeing the big picture
- Leading and communicating
- Changing and improving
- Collaborating and partnering
- Delivering at pace
- IT Specialism
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960417938