Polkadotfrog have a new opportunity to join a growing but established IT Services team within a huge technologies organisation based in Cambridge. This role is suited to an individual who is able to demonstrate excellent customer service, technical skills and a passion for Linux
The Infrastructure team provides 2nd & 3rd line support to over 600 internal customers and we is responsible for developing, installing and maintaining a range of services to support business systems and processes. The team is routinely challenged with innovative and technical requirements from our internal customers in the pursuit of market-leading initiatives. Within this new role you will be responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and documentation of physical and virtual Linux / UNIX based systems (Red Hat, Ubuntu & Solaris). You will take responsibility for Linux based software licencing (typically using FlexNET) and integration of Linux systems with NetApp centralised storage. You will work on and evolve Linux provisioning, configuration and administration processes and systems with The opportunity to develop and maintain Shell, Perl and Python scripts as required.
To meet the requirements of the role you will have a HND or degree in Computer Science or a related subject. You will also have:
- Recent and relevant experience of Linux administration (physical and virtual)
- An excellent understanding of networking.
- Recent and relevant experience of maintaining and configuring Brocade switches or another transferable networking technology.
- Recent and relevant experience of at least one of the following security systems:
- Checkpoint firewalls, Juniper VPN appliances and RSA authentication servers.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues and investigate solutions.
- A modern approach to Linux automated deployment (e.g. Ansible, puppet, chef, docker)
- Strong technical knowledge and a desire to learn
- Capable of working to defined procedures
- Willingness to support all areas of the IT services user base as required
- Excellent communication, documentation and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well within a small team
- Good organisational skills
- Strong self-motivation
- Experience of NetApp administration
- Experience of VMWare administration
- A Linux / UNIX or security related certification
**This role will be subject to Security Clearance Vetting procedures**
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960418107