Interim Project Engineer / Development Engineer
Project Engineer/Development Engineer – Aerospace
• My client is currently seeking a Project/Development Engineer to manage multiple projects from concept right through to completion. This is an excellent role with a multinational Aerospace company that supplies specialised complex mechanical aircraft systems.
• The Project Engineers will need to come from a manufacturing/development background and have experience managing high value projects and NPI.
The correct candidate will have the following skills;
• Experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment preferably Aerospace
• Strong Mechanical background
• Experienced introducing New Products (NPI)
• Strong experience as a Project Engineer/Project Manager
• Experience managing multiple projects
• Preferably educated to degree level
• Experience working with large Aerospace companies is desirable
Project Engineer/Development Engineer - Aerospace
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Co-ordinating and managing all aspects of major and minor projects from development through to initial production stages
• Being the main customer interface on all technical project related issues
• Leading internal a joint customer Integrated Project Teams (IPTs), creating and maintain action lists with responsibilities and deadlines for closure
• Liaising with customer personnel to achieve a competitive optimum solution
• Creating, maintain and managing timing plans to ensure time scales/schedules are achieved
• Co-ordinating and assisting in the design of valves/components and systems in conjunction with the appropriate designer and Analysis Engineer to comply with extensive CAA, FAA, MOD and FAR requirements – covering the fields of fluid flow, stress, vibration etc.
• Interpreting the technical requirements of customer specifications, and preparing technical proposals and other technical documents
• Preparing test/certification and development programmes and documentation for component certification to CAA, FAA, MOD standards.
Supervising the testing and preparation of development and flight qualification test reports for submittal to the customer or relevant authority.
• Co-ordinating and assisting in interpretation of test data derived from project programmes and modifying internal programmes as required.
• Co-ordinating advice on design/requirement of production/laboratory test rigs.
• Assisting in the preparation off CERs and PARs for projects and monitor/manage spend against these documents.
• Visiting customers, UK and Overseas for technical reviews, giving presentation and making decisions on behalf of the company.
• Contract position
• Competitive hourly rate available
• Coventry based
• Global Aerospace business
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960420841