Head of Internal Audit
Head of Internal Audit
Our client is one of the largest, privately-owned organisations in the U.K., with an annual turnover of around £2.5bn and nearly 5,000 employees, this rapidly diversifying Group is headquartered in Cambridge and is well established in the local community.
The successful recruit will follow a series of predecessors into a role which offers an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of the Group's operations and interface with management at all levels of influence. This provides a direct route to a senior divisional finance role within a 2 to 3 year period.
As a key contributor to the Audit Committee, the Head of Internal Audit is responsible for developing, communicating and executing the Audit Plan for all Group companies. This however, forms only part of the remit which includes:
* Risk based audit plan, covering financial controls
* Delivery of continuous improvement plans and ensuring that audit recommendations are implemented to the benefit of the business
* Project reviews
* Project-support on M&A activity
* Divisional secondment and project/commercial support
* Work closely with Company Secretary and Risk and Insurance Manager
The post-holder carries complete autonomy to structure their time and resources in the way that will be of greatest benefit to the overall organisation.
Skills and Experience Required
* ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent qualification
* Proven experience of managing external audit partnerships with diverse, dynamic organisations
* Ideally experience in an Internal Audit role
* Familiarity with corporate governance requirements
* Capable of communicating effectively and partner with Senior Management to present arguments for change and improvement.
* Profile of previous post-holders has been Manager/Senior Manager for Top 10 accountancy practices seeking a fast-track opportunity in industry and/or currently in an Internal Audit role.
Internal audit vacancies are relatively common. However, opportunities to gain Group-wide exposure in a privately owned business AND follow a proven path to a divisional number one role are rare. If you would like to discuss how this opportunity is truly different then please apply for the role and someone will be in touch shortly.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960415068