Job ID: R-54657
- Are you a Software Developer that is passionate about innovation?
- Do you want to work with, and learn from encouraging, talented digital innovators?
- Are you seeking to join a business that is investing into building teams in Sheffield?
If so, Aviva is revolutionising insurance and we want you to be at the forefront of it.
Life in our Digital Teams
Over the past 2 years Aviva has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and we continue to move towards being a “Digital First” organization. We have built bespoke digital spaces for our teams in our London Digital Garage, Norwich, Bristol, and now we are excited to be establishing teams locally in Sheffield too now!
Insurance is ripe for disruption and that is what we have been doing. In fact, we are a 320 year old disruptor that is transforming the way customers engage with our products and services.
It’s never been more important for us to hire fantastic people into our awesome digital teams who sit at the forefront of delivering our strategy. Our scrum team’s work across a variety of products such as Home, Motor and Travel insurance and we have also created the award-winning customer portal; MyAviva which allows our customers to access and maintain their Aviva policies. MyAviva has been so successful it’s now a global platform.
We approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set; passionate about delivering small, value-driven improvements, regularly and often. We craft brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products.
We are looking for Software Developers to join our Digital team, working within one of our scrum teams to:
- Negotiate, influence, effectively challenge and gain commitment.
- Help shape product backlogs, new projects and initiatives, assessing the impact of initiatives, programmes or projects on systems/applications.
- Be able to identify and create epics, write user stories, t-shirt sizing and pointing.
We would love to talk to people with experience of:
- Building ‘Production Ready’ software
- Following SOLID/KISS principles
- Crafting and building software that is ‘cloud ready’.
- Delivering ‘high-value’ features to customers.
- Java Development and associated frameworks (Junit, Cucumber, Jenkins, Spring, Maven).
- Developing with RedHat FUSE, Apache ServiceMix or Apache Camel.
- Designing, building and supporting RESTful API’s.
- Industry direction and trends within RESTful API development.
- Server side Java development and associated concerns (eg. thread Management, database access, ORM and security)
- Agile Software Architectures, GoF OO Software Design Patterns, Test and Behaviour Driven Development.
..... and if you don’t have all of the above, that’s OK, as long as you have the passion and urge to learn about it!
If you have experience within Financial Services, or regulated environments, then that’s great. But did you know, we also encourage people to join us from outside of the industry too? The diversity in our teams is, in our opinion, is what makes Aviva an interesting and innovative place to be.
Like us, first and foremost, you will be passionate about the customer, with a real drive to improve products and how our customers engage with us digitally. We will support you to challenge the status quo where necessary, in fact we positively encourage it. You will enjoy the agile working environment and be given the autonomy to do you role to the best of your ability. Working in collaborative teams, you will support your colleagues and you will receive the same in return.
As a business, we want people to have a great work-life balance, so if you have personal commitments that might make a standard 9-5 job a challenge, we are advocates for flexible working.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary (dependent on skills & experience)
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We’re here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960418645