Credit Control Apprentice
A leading provider of procurement support are recruiting for a hardworking and enthusiastic apprentice to join their busy credit control department within their Glasgow office.
For more than 30 years, they have helped public and private sectors work together. They know that effective and efficient procurement of goods and services can benefit government, people and businesses. Their goal is to support and improve every stage of this vital supply chain process through the development of skills, knowledge and cutting-edge technology. Their skills span the full breadth of the public procurement industry, including Contract Alert Services, Business Intelligence, Training & Development, eSourcing, Conferences & Exhibitions, IT Services & Solutions and UK & International Consultancy.
As a result of their expertise, more than 5000 public sector clients and 250,000 suppliers in the UK alone rely on their brand to help them succeed.
- Production and processing of sales orders, invoices and credit notes within SLAs
- Manage all helpdesks within SLAs
- Send customer statements and letters
- Prepare files for debt recovery and legal action
- Provide ad hoc reporting as and when required
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required
- Completion of daily cash and base ageing report
- Handle front line switchboard and helpdesk calls and have the knowledge to answer the query or pass through to the correct department
- Maximise cash flow activity and ensure a reduction in aged debt and debtor days
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales, leading by example at all times
- Ensure debts are paid in a timely manner and in-line with the company T&Cs
- Record and maintain accurate records of all chasing activity within CRM system
- Respond promptly and effectively to both clients and internal enquires through demonstrating first class communication skills in line with core company values
- Work with line manager to propose write off, recommend debt recovery or legal action in line with the company T&C
- Collaborate with senior to provide intelligent reporting for use across the business
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all internal stakeholders, in particular Sales
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional approach at all times
- Be able to take ownership of workload and progress work as required
- Strong negotiation and decision making skills
- Microsoft Office skills are essential, particularly Excel, and experience of SAGE 200 and CRM packages is highly advantageous.
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960410513