Technical Support Analyst
Technical Support Analyst
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
Working as part of a busy IT Service Desk, the Technical Support Analyst will provide ongoing desktop and application-based support to over 650 employees across the Options Group. The post holder will be required to log, prioritise, investigate and resolve a wide variety of both 1st and 2nd line support issues to ensure the effective and efficient running of essential business systems and functions.
- Maintain a good understanding of key business processes, people and systems, use and share this knowledge to provide and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Log, triage and prioritise new IT service calls and provide on-site, email and telephone-based support to over 650 users across multiple UK locations.
- Resolution of 1st and 2nd level incidents, service requests and standard changes
- Support key business functions including Accountancy, Payroll and Tax processing and investigate complex system issues across both bespoke and packaged solutions. Drive through resolutions and escalate to 3rd party suppliers when necessary.
- Work with in house development team to recreate issues and deliver permanent fixes to recurring system issues.
- Create and maintain knowledgebase articles to share workarounds and document solutions for known issues. Document standard changes or standard operating procedures.
- Setup and maintain Active Directory, Users and Group Policies
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Significant prior experience working in a similar role providing desktop and business applications support.
- Awareness of basic ITIL principles across incident, problem and change management processes
- Good working knowledge of Windows / Server / Exchange / Active Directory / Citrix and SQL Server
- Basic knowledge of networking principles and able to troubleshoot network / user connectivity issues
- ITIL Foundation Certificate (preferred)
- Experience working with Office 365 including setup, configuration and management (Preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, including teamwork and working co-operatively to achieve a common goal.
- Flexible approach to work and excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability to prioritise and use own initiative.
- Good range of analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build effective relationships.
- Has a good commercial understanding of business functions.
- Exercises sound judgement and recognises when judgement is poor.
- Passionate, committed and energetic, creates personal momentum which inspires others.
- Thinks ‘win win’, can be trusted to deliver on agreed commitments
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960423893