Job ID: R- 54659
- Are you a Test Engineer that is passionate about innovation?
- Do you want to work with, and learn from encouraging, talented digital innovators?
- Are you seeking to join a business that is investing into building teams in Sheffield?
If so, Aviva is revolutionising insurance and we want you to be at the forefront of it.
Life in our Digital Teams
Insurance is ripe for disruption and that is what we have been doing. In fact, we are a 320 year old disruptor that is transforming the way customers engage with our products and services.
Over the past 2 years Aviva has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and we continue to move towards being a “Digital First” organization. We have built bespoke digital spaces for our teams in our London Digital Garage, Norwich, Bristol, and now we are excited to be establishing teams locally in Sheffield too now!
It’s never been more important for us to hire fantastic people into our awesome digital teams who sit at the forefront of delivering our strategy. Our scrum team’s work across a variety of products such as Home, Motor and Travel insurance and we have also created the award-winning customer portal; MyAviva which allows our customers to access and maintain their Aviva policies. MyAviva has been so successful it’s now a global platform.
We approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set; passionate about delivering small, value-driven improvements, regularly and often. We craft brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products.
We are looking for Test Engineers to join our Digital team, working within one of our scrum teams to test and maintain the RESTful APIs that underpin both ours and our partners digital apps. You'll sustain our culture of continuous improvement both from a process and technical perspective, ensuring that:
- Platform quality standards & processes support test quality
- When the code goes in to production it is of a high quality
- Code changes only ever make it better: Ratchet
- SOLID/KISS principles are followed
- Keep re-use at the forefront of your mind
- We only design, build and test software that is cloud ready
- We frequently deliver high value features to our customers
- You focus on delivering great stuff
Day to Day:
We let our team members have real ownership and autonomy of their role and our Test Engineers have responsibility for:
- Delivering high quality testing through modern engineering techniques such as Test Driven Development/Behaviour Driven Development, Automation, Service Virtualisation
- Defining Feature Files and implementing step definitions using Java, Cucumber
- Supporting the definition of the future platform operating model and provide input into the Test resources, processes and standards required
- Highlighting blockers impacting scrum team functional and non-functional testing and either owning resolution or requesting they are mitigated/called out as appropriate
- Ensuring relevant Project Partner/Test Manager/Platform Quality Manager is kept informed of your workload
- Engaging with project teams to ensure that Acceptance Criteria for incoming stories meet all quality requirements - e.g. logging, error messages, unhappy path testing as well as functional testing
- The quality of all testing for stories assigned to you within your scrum team
- Providing input into Assurance signoff of new platform deliveries into Runway/Staging environments
- Maintaining awareness of and compliance with relevant Release Management/Assurance processes and standards to ensure the PST can continue to deliver into production
- Developing a t-shaped skillset in order to support the future platform operating model
- Collaborating with appropriate Lead Quality Engineer to share/define best practice
- Working with the PQM to help define and deliver the quality agenda
Like us, first and foremost, you will be passionate about the customer, with a real drive to improve products and how our customers engage with us digitally. We will support you to challenge the status quo where necessary; in fact we positively encourage it. You will enjoy the agile working environment and be given the autonomy to do you role to the best of your ability. Working in collaborative teams, you will support your colleagues and you will receive the same in return. As a business, we want people to have a realistic work-life balance, so if you have personal commitments that might make a standard 9-5 job a challenge, we are advocates for flexible working.
- 29 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive on target performance bonus
- Up to 14% Company contribution to your pension
- Equal parental leave for all parents (up to a year)
- Flexible working opportunities
- Aviva flexible benefits
- Employee discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Share scheme
We’re here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960420807