Cloud Security Architect - AWS
Role: Cloud Security Architect - AWS
Location: Kingswood, Surrey
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Rates: up to £650/day
My Kingswood based client is currently looking for an experienced Cloud Security Architect (AWS) to join them on an initial 6 month contract with strong likelihood of extensions. The successful candidate will act as the primary contact for AWS engagement, driving interaction and engagement with core stakeholders including Cyber Security, Cloud Operations and Product Delivery teams to support the definition of security requirements for new services and refactored applications. The architect is expected to perform secure solution design, ensuring standardisation and consistency in the definition of security principles and ensuring that security is built in by design and complies with my client's security requirements.
* Responsible for defining AWS utilisation in a secure and compliant manner.
* Responsible for ensuring that all AWS security designs, blueprints and artefacts are maintained and adhere to good practice.
* Acting as the central point of contact for AWS Security Architecture for other Technology teams within the organisation.
* Leading the assessment of AWS services and how they may be consumed globally.
* Responsible for identifying and recommending AWS component design changes to achieve compliance with security policies and the enterprise security architecture blueprints and roadmaps.
Required Skills/ Competencies;
* Recent and practical experience of designing security within Amazon AWS cloud services.
* Experience of application security within CI/CD pipeline and associated assurance tooling.
* Detailed in-depth application security architecture skills.
* In-depth knowledge of the OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities.
* Understanding of off-cloud technologies; storage, server, network, middleware etc and how they may interact in a hybrid cloud environment.
* Familiarity with NIST 800-53, Cloud Security Alliance and ISO27001 control frameworks.
* Working understanding of GDPR, FCA regulations, Privacy regulations and practices.
* Experience of platform and application layer encryption concepts and practices.
* Team player, collaborator and educator.
* Able to operate with autonomy and build relationships - become the "go-to" person.
* Ability to consume and define integration technology and patterns.
* Concise and effective communicator confident with presenting to audiences at all levels in an organisation and will mixed levels of technical understanding.
* Scrum/Kanban experience.
If this role sounds of interest and you require further information then please respond with an up to date copy of your CV.
Hydrogen UK Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960412903