Java Developer (Web Application Technologies)
My client, a market leader within the Education Technology industry are looking for a Java developer with experience in working with web application technologies to join their team.
The main purpose of the role is to work closely with the lead developer as well as the infrastructure team in the UK to maintain and improve on the systems that are currently in place.
Other duties include working as part of a small team with the responsibility of developing & maintaining java-based web applications and systems, Document the work (for technical and/or non-technical team members as appropriate), taking part in regular design meetings, providing prototypes to demonstrate technical feasibility and operability and providing test cases.
- Java Server Pages
- Relational Databases (such as MySQL, SQL Server)
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
Candidates with experience of the following in addition to the above will be highly desirable:
- Awareness of best practice in website construction including web standards, accessibility, usability and testing, including experience of working to filename conventions and other production guidelines
- Knowledge of web application server technology such as Tomcat
- Knowledge of using an IDE
- JUnit testing
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960420631