Commissioning Engineer - Oil&Gas
Mech Tech Professionals are an independently owned recruitment consultancy led by experienced recruitment professionals, we are dedicated to providing the best industry focused recruitment services to the Engineering & Technical, Construction and Environmental Sectors nationally and internationally.
Job Title: Oil and Gas Commissioning Engineer
Reporting To: Operations Manager / Engineering Manager
Location: North Derbyshire with Worldwide Travel
Salary: Circa £30k plus an uplift for travel (worldwide including the Middle East)
The primary product for the company is direct and in direct heaters and experience with these would be beneficial.
Successful candidate to start in around 8-10 weeks.
Purpose of the Role:
• Ensuring the health and safety of all workers and general public during and after the project is finished.
• To ensure the project is working to its specifications.
• To provide technical support where necessary to on-going projects.
• Must be able to work independently with minimum of supervision.
• Set and deliver project responsibilities on time and to budget.
• Responsible for supervising the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Making improvements to, and offering advice about, operational procedures.
• Scheduling and coordinating work to tight deadlines.
• Ensuring that equipment works to its specification.
• Creating and carrying out test procedures.
• Investigating problems and diagnosing and repairing faults.
• Liaising with installation/project engineers.
• Supervising client engineering and technical staff.
• Writing reports and documentation of what is and what isn’t going well and presenting them to
more senior members of staff or the client.
• Providing technical support to clients.
• Ensuring safe working conditions
• Training maintenance and operative staff where appropriate.
• Maintaining client relationships.
• Providing pre-construction guidelines (drawings, budgets, procedural modifications and/or
• Proposing changes for the way the company could improve their practices following the
completion of the project.
• Monitoring progress, recording all test results, witnessing final testing and accepting equipment
and compilation of all documentation for inclusion in the site test dossier.
• Providing best available technical/commercial solutions.
• Contributing to the efficiency of the Project Team ensuring correct communication is conveyed
to the correct function.
• Checking client / vendor supplied documentation and monitoring schedule progress.
• Producing and checking calculations, reports, data sheets and specifications.
• Producing man hour estimates as required.
• Ensuring that all aspects of the design and engineering works are carried out in a diligent and
• Identifying where and when required, and to carry out engineering analysis, design,
specification and procedural work as required.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly to ******************** or through JustEngineers
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960412505