Do you love cutting edge technology, solving problems and maintaining hosting environments? Are you looking to take your next step up the IT support ladder?
If you’re passionate about servers, cloud infrastructure and helping customers in the fast moving industry that we call hosting, then we may have the perfect role for you at UKFast!
What will your responsibilities be?
- Provide 3rd line support to our customers, resolving escalations and spotting problem trends
- Assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Advising on best practices for advanced Windows Server roles including setup and configuration
- Aiding research and development with new and existing products in our product portfolio
- To continually develop your technical skills through extensive training both internally and via third parties. You will be working alongside some of the best engineers in the industry, using the latest technologies.
What skills do you need to have?
- Installing, maintaining and supporting Windows 2008/2012 servers
- Progress towards or certification in MCTS/MCSA qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience
- Active Directory administration and configuration knowledge
- Server hardware diagnostics including an understanding of RAID configurations
- Troubleshooting performance issues with Windows Server diagnostics tools
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial for this role:
- Domain Name Service (DNS)
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Distributed File System (DFS)
- SQL Server 2008 onwards, particularly understanding of database mirroring.
- Mail servers, free programs or knowledge in Exchange, an understanding of how mail flow works is ideal.
- An understanding of SAN technologies
- Citrix XenApp
- Cisco ASA firewalls
- Knowledge of backup technologies (Windows Server Backup / DPM / Commvault)
- Exposure to virtualisation technologies (VMWare / Hyper-V / OpenStack).
This role will cover a shift pattern to include 5 days covering shifts of 8-5, 9-6 or 11-8 between Monday-Sunday. Typically weekend shifts are on a 1 in 5 rotation. This role also covers night shifts, on a cover only basis to cover holidays and sickness.
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme - own a piece of the business you help build
We have some amazing facilities at our expanding UKFast campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar - free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- A giant slide
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for dog lovers to bring their dog to work
We also have fantastic opportunities and run special events such as:
- Cinema nights to movie premieres
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family
- Team building experiences at our Wales training centre – including climbing Snowdon
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Friends and family events at Christmas
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- LAN parties
- The opportunity to go skiing in Switzerland
Put an application in today attached with a cover letter outlining your relevant experience for this role and one of our talent recruitment team will be in contact if you fit the criteria for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960411669