2nd Line Support Specialist
We are currently seeking a 2nd Line Support Analyst on a full time employment (FTE) basis to be part of our Service Desk Support team, for a global company.
- To work as part of a team supplying support services to a large multinational organisation under a managed service agreement.
- Providing IT Support in Corporate & Manufacturing Environments, including drop in Help Lounges.
- Escalate technical and software build issues to the management team.
- Ensure working environment is maintained clean and free of any hazards, observing Health and Safety guidelines.
- Be able to undertake hardware repairs on PC’s and Laptops to a defined quality assurance level
- Arrange repairs with the manufacturer for systems that are under warranty, escort third parties attending to outsourced equipment faults within the site and also managing the disposal of redundant IT equipment.
- Provide 1st Line support for other IT equipment where assistance may be required from time to time
- Perform daily stock checks, investigate and report on stock shortages or stock discrepancies.
- Able to communicate clearly and in non technical terms to Clients via e-mail, phone and also face to face.
- Reporting to the Halian Operations Manager, with on-site support provided from the in house IT team.
- The role requires some lifting and carrying of equipment across multiple floors and locations within the site. Accepting deliveries, preparing equipment for dispatch, including packing into secure boxes and transferring to a dispatch location.
- To be considered for this outstanding opportunity, we are seeking an accomplished IT professional with at least 4 years of relevant experience coupled with the following skills and experience:
- Proven hands on IT Hardware experience
- Able to troubleshoot computer hardware and related peripherals
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Work as part of a small team but be self motivated and manage your own workload
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Taking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Providing L2/L3 support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Prioritizing and managing multiple open cases at one time
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Experience in any healthcare applications will be an added advantage
- Proficiency with Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite and common desktop applications
- Able to review, monitor & update fault calls using the in-house ticket handling system
- A good standard of General Education
- IT Industry recognized qualifications
- Smart casual dress code
In return, Halian International is looking to offer the IT Support Analyst the opportunity to work on one of the most exciting IT engagements in the UK working with one of the world’s leading companies. Depending on skills and experience, the successful candidate can expect a competitive annual salary package. For further information on this amazing opportunity, click reply and we will get back in touch with you immediately.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960412904