Technical Engineer – Hemel Hempstead
(Workshop & Field Based)
£18000 - £21000 + benefits
Key Skills: 1st Line Helpdesk, Workshop PC Build & Assembly, Site Installations
This company supplies photographic equipment, props and lighting used in theme parks and for events in shopping centres. They have an exciting and varied opportunity for an engineer to work in their workshop and in the field at events.
- Provide telephone / helpdesk support to customers using company equipment
- Assist in build and test of photographic and PC equipment prior to shipment and installation
- Packaging of equipment and stock prior to shipment
- Receiving and unpacking of equipment returned, cleaning and pat testing prior to redeployment
- General admin and warehouse support
- Repairs to equipment and software uploads
- Managing the company equipment inventory database tracking in/out/repairs cycle
- Part of a team installing and maintaining photographic, lighting equipment and props at customer sites.
You will need to have a good mix of the following skills and personal attributes;
- Lots of common sense and the ability to learn new skills.
- Possess a full driving licence.
- Flexibility to work out of hours occasionally at weekends and to travel to customers sites at short notice.
- Knowledge of PCs, printers, LAN networking & Wi-Fi.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Hands-on technical skills - ability to drill holes, wire plugs and solve installation problems.
- Comfortable working at heights.
- Product training given.
For office use: repair, maintenance, packing, installation, build, despatch, support, photography, photographic, computers, PCs, printers, support, helpdesk, shipping, shipment, install, packaging, equipment, cleaning, testing, warehouse, inventory.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960410512