Lead Solution Architect
Lead Solution Architect
Salary: £60k - £80k (Depending on experience)
TEC Partners are working with a highly regarded, global name in the insurance industry who are looking for a Lead Solution Architect to play an important role in their current digital transformation. As Lead Solution Architect, you will be responsible for creation of end-to-end solution designs that drive this vision forward. You will also be part of a wider global architecture practice and will support, enhance and promote the process and delivery of architecture (and its value) across the organisation. If you are an experienced Solution Architect looking to make a difference in your next role, then this one could be for you!
The business are looking to transform the way in which they engage with their customers. Digital technology is key, and the adoption of agile methodologies is at the heart of their strategy. In this role, you will lead a team of solution architects to define end-to-end solutions for IT change programmes and create end-to-end designs that are fit for purpose from a functional, non-functional, service and security point of view. You'll deliver solutions that progress the overall architecture and drive improvement in design quality.
The key responsibilities include:
- Lead creation of solutions and design for projects to meet standards for technology and ensure they meet ambitions for availability, security, resilience and performance.
- Perform early triage and shaping of IT initiatives to support investment decisions and initial delivery planning.
- Produce design options with associated costs, benefits and risks to enable investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance to policies, standards and target architecture. Represent area of accountability in all appropriate broader governance bodies and processes.
- Responsible for the integrity of end-to-end solutions, including transition states used to achieve target state.
- Provide leadership on key designs to ensure long term strategic goals are met as well as short term project needs.
- Approval of design artefacts of team members.
- Perform design reviews on key areas of the existing IT estate in support of wider initiatives to improve service, security and reduce estate complexity.
- Ensure design artefacts are produced to support stakeholder group for service, security, architecture and engineering.
- Coach and mentor team members to achieve the required design and architectural outcomes.
- Manage a team of c.10 direct reports.
- Accountable for people management decisions including recruitment, setting objectives, performance management, recommending reward and/or bonus.
What you'll need:
- Excellent design and architecture skills.
- Experience of turning strategic direction into deliverable E2E solutions that drive IT Architecture forward.
- Strong knowledge of end to end project lifecycle methodologies (mainly agile).
- Strong technical experience. This role requires broad experience with the ability to apply it across a variety of customer and business scenarios. Experience in cloud technologies is advantageous (esp Amazon Web Services).
- The role holder must care about technology and how to exploit it for the benefit of customers.
- Financial acumen to support development of business cases and to inform key design decisions.
- Ability to anticipate future trends and needs as well as managing current environment.
- Strong analytical capability and background.
- Ability to think long-term strategically and operationally.
- Strong personal impact and influence.
- Good stakeholder and relationship management at all levels.
- Experience of operating at senior management levels.
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary depending on your skills and experience, along with a fantastic accompanying benefits package. This includes a generous defined contribution pension scheme, an annual performance related bonus and pay review, and discount on many of the company's products (including discount for friends and family). What's more you'll get a generous holiday allowance, with the option to buy/sell additional days, and the possibility of a flexible work schedule.
If you are interested in this position, then please send your CV for immediate review.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960415606