2nd Line IT Technician Level 4 Apprentice
Dial A Geek is an established IT service provider in Bristol. Our mission is to support small businesses by simplifying their IT and providing the solutions they need to reach their full potential.
As one of our 2nd line technicians you will be working in our small and hands-on team, so you should be comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy (don't worry though, support will be available as and when you need it). The ideal candidate is organised, self-motivated, and looking for a role they can grow into.
Our technicians are the main point of contact between Dial A Geek and our clients, so it is essential they are effective and confident communicators and enjoy working with people as much (or almost as much) as they enjoy working with computers.
We expect our technicians to hit the ground jogging, if not running, so the successful candidate will probably have at least 1 years' previous experience of providing IT Support in a business environment. They will also be able to demonstrate their ability to learn quickly, to follow processes, and to document their work.
Your days will be varied, but will usually involve:
- Providing on-site IT support for commercial clients
- Providing remote desktop support to businesses
- Following our process to create and send quotes to commercial clients
- Maintaining communication with key clients
- Keeping accurate records of work completed and ongoing jobs
Desired skills and qualities
- Technical problem solver
- Excellent time-management skills
- Detail orientated
- Confident communicator
- Able to multitask
- You have a knack for technical problem solving and thinking on your feet
- You have been complimented on your patience when dealing with non-technical folk
- You have experience solving issues on multiple platforms; Apple Mac, PC, Microsoft server platforms, etc.
- You have an understanding of Servers, NAS drives, Wired/Wireless networks, Printers etc.
- You have experience troubleshooting and installing wireless/wired networks and broadband connections
- You are knowledgeable and confident in your ability to give advice on what is best for a client's individual needs
- You can adapt instructions to different levels of understanding to ensure any client is comfortable with new equipment, software or work undertaken
- You have a confident phone manner
- You can explain technical issues in an accessible way
- You'll ideally have at least 1 years of experience providing 1st and 2nd Line IT support for business
- You'll ideally have a full driving licence with own reliable clean transport (mileage expenses paid)
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, 37.5 hrs p/w
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Great office snacks
- We close the office over Christmas (in addition to your holiday)
- Summer and Christmas party
If there's a local training event or workshop you want to attend, we'll do our best to make that happen.
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960410031