Head of Internal Audit
Working for one of the largest, privately- owned organisations in the UK, this company is now looking to recruit a Head of Internal Audit to be based at their head office in Cambridge. The business employees almost 5,000 employees and has an annual turnover of around £2.5bn.
The successful applicant will follow a series of predecessors into a role which offers an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of the Group's operations and interface with management at all levels of influence. This provides a direct route to a senior divisional finance role within a 2 to 3 year period.
- As a key contributor to the Audit Committee, the Head of Internal Audit is responsible for developing, communicating and executing the Audit Plan for all Group companies. This however, forms only part of the remit which includes:
- Risk based audit plan, covering financial controls
- Delivery of continuous improvement plans and ensuring that audit recommendations are implemented to the benefit of the business
- Project reviews
- Project-support on M&A activity
- Divisional secondment and project/commercial support
- Work closely with Company Secretary and Risk and Insurance ManagerThe post-holder carries complete autonomy to structure their time and resources in the way that will be of greatest benefit to the overall organisation.
Benefits To You:
- Basic salary of £70,000 per annum
- Bonus at 15%
- Enhanced pension
- 25 days hol + bank hols
- Holiday Trading (option to buy or sell days)
- Onsite canteen
- Onsite parking
- Car allowance- £6,000
- Perks at Work- employee savings/ discounts
- Restaurant Discount Card
- Gym Membership discount
- Critical Illness Insurance/ Dental Insurance/ Travel Insurance/ Gadget Insurance
- Life Assurance as standard (plus option to increase cover)
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Car Breakdown cover
- Will Writing
- ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent qualification
- Proven experience of managing external audit partnerships with diverse, dynamic organisations
- Ideally experience in an Internal Audit role
- Familiarity with corporate governance requirements
- Capable of communicating effectively and partner with Senior Management to present arguments for change and improvement.
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff. With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960412739