1st Line Support Engineer
1st Line Support Engineer
Location: Oxfordshire, OX10 6SL
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 P/A
Hours: Monday to Friday - 9.00 am to 5.30 pm with one hour lunch break. In addition to this you will be required to work extra hours within reason as required by the business. These additional hours include weekend IT cover for urgent queries (by phone and / or email)
About the company:
Our client is the largest independently owned research agency in the UK, with growing teams in Oxfordshire, London, New York, Shanghai, Singapore, Mumbai and Durban including Sensory Science Centres in New York, Shanghai, Singapore and Reading. Their IT team support all the companies within the group which also includes their sister company.
They are currently recruiting for a talented and driven individual to join their busy technical team based out of their head office in Oxfordshire. They provide fully featured IT services to their users in the UK and globally. Due to continued global expansion, a rare opportunity has arisen for a 1st Line Support Engineer to join their team to provide a first-class service to their users.
The role of the 1st Line support Engineer:
On daily basis, the team can deal with a lot of different requests, ranging from desktop support queries through to infrastructure project planning and implementation. As the Support Engineer, you will be taking ownership of user support queries, prioritising and resolving them in accordance with agreed SLA’s. You will be troubleshooting issues primarily through their remote system, visiting site when necessary for onsite support and project work. You will be the first point of contact for any IT related queries, prioritising and escalating tasks through the team as necessary.
In addition to this you will be involved in project planning and implementation. As a team, everyone has the chance to offer ideas and support for all their new technology projects. They are continually updating and improving their Infrastructure and support services.
The ideal 1st Line support Engineer will need the following Experience
- 1st Line Support Experience – prioritising issues and working to SLA’s.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems 7 and 10.
- Strong understanding of computer hardware & components.
- Previous experience working in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Understanding of computer networks (LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, DHCP and DNS).
- Some exposure to desktop imaging technologies (WDS, MDT).
- Previous experience working with Office 365.
- An understanding of firewalls.
- Any experience with Windows Server 2008/2012 and 2016.
- Exposure to virtualised server environment.
- Knowledge of Cisco Switches & Meraki Access Points.
- Working to deadlines & time management skills.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude to any task. They work in a business that invests a lot into its staff and it expects the same in return. They are looking for a strong team player, with a proven track record of support in a windows environment. You should have the ability to prioritise tasks and plan your own workload to ensure jobs are completed to a high standard.
1st Line Support Engineer Benefits:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Free onsite parking
- Supported professional development (assessed on an individual basis and subject to line manager approval)
- Pension scheme after 2 years of employment (automatically enrolled in the government scheme after 3 months)
- Private healthcare scheme after 3 years of employment
If you have previous experience as a 1st line Support Engineer who is looking for a diverse and exciting role, please apply here to create an account and upload your CV & covering letter.
Our client is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960417929