Technical Support Engineer Nottingham
Technical Support Engineer
Skills required or gained in this position - Windows, VMware, Linux, MPLS, SD-WAN, Cloud Computing
Interoute Technical Support Engineers are responsible for a variety of services within the larger Service Delivery team. You will join the team at an exciting time as we take on new roles and responsibilities. The primary focus is to help improve new products, existing processes and services and continue to deliver the same high standard of support to internal and external customers. The role demands a good knowledge of Unix, Windows, VMware, an attention to detail and an enthusiasm to learn new technologies. Interoute is a fast-paced, ever changing-company and there is plenty of scope for progression for the right applicant.
You will learn such technologies as cloud computing, MPLS networking, sd-wan.
You will need to be able to quickly learn and understand new and existing Interoute products services. Analyse the delivery process and work with internal teams to continually improve the method used for delivery. Additionally, you will be required to take part in the following:
• Validate network requests and provision networks in VDC
• Complete environment builds for new deliveries
• Migration of data and services into the VDC platform from customer locations and legacy Interoute platforms
• Configuration of management tools
• Provide tailored support to select customers
• Troubleshoot any issues which arise
• Help maintain the managed template repository
• Work as an escalation point for our frontline teams
• Continuously strive to improve internal processes
Ideal Candidates:You are able to work to tight timescales, either alone or as a member of a larger team.
• You are a responsible individual with a desire to take ownership of a problem and see it through to resolution.
• You are open minded and have the ability to take a step back and look at a problem rationally, enabling you to find alternate routes to success.
• You are adaptable and able to shift focus between different tasks.
• You are able to communicate and work cooperatively with other internal teams
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960420411