Basic salary between £30,000 to £40,000 pa (dependent on experience).
Additional benefits include: Company Car/Car Allowance, Bonus (worth up to 10% of salary), Private Healthcare & Contributory Pension Scheme.
About the Company:
A pioneering Food Machinery business that provides engineered production and packaging solutions to food manufacturers around the world. Employing over 300 people, most of their machinery is designed and built in-house, but they also project manage the integration of their systems with third-party equipment suppliers.
About the Role:
- The Project Engineer has overall responsibility for small to medium-sized projects.
- Select suitable solutions from the company’s existing equipment range, or work with the Design Team to create bespoke machinery that fulfils the customer's application needs.
- Preparing CAD Layouts, Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Negotiating project timescales with customers, prices with suppliers and delivery periods.
- Sourcing machinery from third-party suppliers, ensuring equipment meets the required specifications.
- Overseeing machinery installation activities, including the management of contractors.
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget and meets expected standards.
- Maintain communication channels between the Customer, Sales Team and Senior Project Managers.
About the Person:
- Qualified to a minimum level of ONC/HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Can demonstrate previous project engineering experience, preferably within the Food & Beverage industry, but this is not essential.
- Competent in the use of CAD design packages.
- Has the flexibility to travel throughout Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and to work outside of the UK for periods of one week per month.
- Excellent problem solver with strong communication skills.
Vacancy Ref: 2881
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960412539