Engineering Stockroom Assistant
Our client, Gate-A-Mation, is the most experienced and respected electric gate company in the country. They are currently recruiting Electronic Gate Installation and Service Engineers in Woking.
They have been there for customers since 1988 serving over 11,000 systems across the UK, continuing to be the industry benchmark others follow. Designing individual systems for their client’s homes or businesses with a careful balance of aesthetics and assured engineering.
To ensure equipment, controls and parts are ordered and returned efficiently, stored securely and distributed appropriately.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Order routine equipment, parts and ongoing consumables (i.e. screws)
- Deliveries - booking items on to the computer using Job Watch software
- Allocate stock to specific jobs
- Distribute equipment to engineers ensuring appropriate paperwork is complete
- Send equipment straight to site through organising couriers etc
- Purchase routine equipment from suppliers
- Administer all returns through liaising with suppliers and couriers (every item that fails within five years is to be identified and reported upon accordingly)
- Keep stock room tidy, clean and adhere to all health and safety criteria
- Process customer orders for ‘supply only’ i.e. transmitters
- Liaise with other departments to advise on parts delivered and delayed
- Chase suppliers for updates and periodically review suppliers’ pricing
- Previous engineering or stock room roles advantageous
- Must be confident to use a computer for stock control and complete basic administrative functions
- Clear telephone manner
- Driving licence advantageous
- Ability to work on own initiative with attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Use hands to perform intricate functions & occasionally lift weights up to 50 lbs.
- Use close vision occasionally
- Required to frequently stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, kneel, stoop, crouch and crawl.
- Predominantly within a warehouse/stockroom environment
HOURS: 08.00 – 17.00 hours Monday to Friday
SALARY: £19,000 - 20,000 GBP/annual.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your updated CV to ********************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960416542