Sales Technician & Applications Support Engineer
Based in Baldock Hertfordshire, my client is the leading supplier of tooling for Swiss type sliding head machines supporting the turned part and precision component machining industry. The products that they offer are from some of Europe's top brands, ensuring consistent quality at highly competitive prices.
They pride themselves on their philosophy of investment in good stock, efficient systems and the relationships they have built with their Suppliers, Customers and their Employees.
Due to continued growth, they are now recruiting for a Sales Technician & Applications Support Engineer to join the team on a permanent, full time basis. This role is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking to grow their career in an innovative but supportive environment. In addition to a highly competitive salary circa £30k per annum and a Company Car, they provide employees with private health care and participation in the Company Pension scheme as well as supporting their ongoing career development.
About the role: Sales Technician and Applications Support Engineer
The successful candidate will be given a comprehensive induction programme ensuring that there is a good understanding of the business, it’s suppliers and customers. After the initial induction period and training, the role will also include external client visits, training with overseas suppliers and attendance of key exhibitions.
Reporting to the Technical Director the role will incorporate the following:
- The provision of Technical Sales support for clients, both office based and at clients factories
- Internal liaison with the Sales team to provide them with Technical support when required
- Visiting customers and suppliers, both in the UK and occasionally internationally
- Processing Tooling enquires and quotes accurately and efficiently
- Processing Sales orders and Purchase orders
- There will be an occasional requirement to provide assistance in our workshop, this will include but is not limited to collet bore grinding, inspection and refurbishing of tooling. The appropriate training will be given when required.
- You will be a co-operative and friendly individual who enjoys working in a small team but also individually when required. You will be motivated to achieve the company goals and your own career goals. To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Experience of CNC Swiss type sliding head machining, CNC turning & CNC Milling
- Able to understand machining processes and engineering drawings
- Confidence when communicating with a wide range of people at all levels, including clients, suppliers and overseas customers and manufacturers
- An analytical mind-set with strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Intermediate level of IT skills to include CAD / CAM and Word / Excel / Power-point
- Flexibility in relation to travel requirements.
- We will provide you with specific training related to SAGE 200 business management system, the ACT client database and our product range.If you already have experience of these systems this would be advantageous but not essential.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960411882