Depot Admin & Finance Supervisor
The UK's largest home delivery courier network, Hermes will deliver more than 260 million parcels this year on behalf of the biggest names in retail and our network of over 14,500 hard working lifestyle Couriers make this happen providing a high quality doorstep service. We employ over 2,500 people; delivering parcels to over 190 countries.
We have grown in excess of 15% each year over the past 5 years with even bigger ambitions for the future - there has never been a more exciting time to join us!
How it feels to work for us:
Here at Hermes, we empower each individual with both the responsibility to make critical decisions and to explore new ideas to achieve the best performance.
The biggest thing we are proud of is that our people care. We want you to make a positive difference to our customer's experience, because in every job at Hermes, you will and you can add value.
The Depot Admin & Finance Supervisor role is the front line ambassador for all the Depot Office enquiries and fully accountable for the depot Administration, reporting and analyse.
Your job will be to proactively seek ways to support the management team in identify cost opportunities including labour costs, both PAYE and Agency spend, be accountable for the depot Facilities Budget and Depot Costs and ensure that all reporting and business admin governance is done in a timely and thorough manner.
You'll have accountability for specific tasks such as:
- Management of daily, periodical analysis and reporting for all cost within the depot.
- Responsible for generating and analysing all financial reports, highlighting trends, poor practice and risks and offering potential solutions.
- Influencing line managers to follow company process and best practice methods.
- Collate, maintain and submit relevant payroll timesheets within deadlines.
- Work with Management to achieve financial savings by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analysing variances.
- The main depot ambassador and point of contact for the customer and key stakeholders.
We offer you:
- Full training along with a supported induction process
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Hermes Pension Scheme up to 5%
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work with the depot and across the Team.
Essential Skills for the role:
- Experience of managing process and systems in a busy administrative environment.
- Able to prepare presentations ensuring information is clear and concise and relevant for the audience.
- Proven ability to analyse information or stats to create a case and influence others.
- Speed and accurate typing skills, including attention to detail and excellent working knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel etc.
- Experience of problem solving and decision making.
- Proven organisation skills - ability to work in a logical and methodical manner; ability to use own initiative and effectively manage several tasks at one time.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960412407