Information Security Analyst
Polkadotfrog are currently recruiting for an information Security Analyst who is passionate about information security and has the ability to assess threats, risks and vulnerabilities, highlighting and responding to those that are relevant to the business. The appointed candidate will be joining cutting edge Cambridge based technology company where you will be providing information security awareness training to the business and lead the response to security incidents.
The successful candidate shall be responsible for the research and maintenance of information security, focusing on new or revised security solutions, security processes and the development of attacks and threats. You shall be assessing threats, risks and vulnerabilities relating to emerging security issues and highlight those that are relevant to the business and recommending information security solutions or improvements to existing security solutions to support continuous improvement. Within this new role you will assist with obtaining and maintaining ISO27001 and ISO22301 and prior experience working with ISO certified environments is preferred.
Applicants will ideally have experience of conducting and coordinating perimeter and internal security assessments via in house and third-party penetration tests and vulnerability scanning, highlighting security threats. You will have proven experience handling security incidents, undertaking root cause analysis and prepare security incident reports, escalating incidents and advising users as required. Applicants will be confident in creating and maintaining security policies and procedures as well as maintaining an up to date awareness of Apple iOS and Google Android OS releases, carry out security reviews and testing prior to enterprise wide adoption.
- A thorough understanding of the available tools and technologies to protect and monitor information security
- A technical background with experience of security, network or UNIX administration
- The ability to technically understand security threats and determine business relevance
- Experience of maintaining information security for on premise and cloud based services
- Strong technical knowledge and a desire to learn
- Capable of working to defined procedures
- Willingness to support all areas of the IT services user base as required
- Excellent communication, documentation and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well within a small team
- Good organisational skills
- Strong self motivation
Due to the nature of the work, it will be necessary to obtain security clearance for the successful applicant.
- A relevant security qualification such as CISSP, CISM or CISA
- Experience of assisting with the maintenance of ISO27001
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960418112