Design Engineer - Modular Building to £40k (Inventor)
Design Engineer - Modular Building Up to 40K + Package (Inventor Experience)
Our client is based on the expertise of two complementary industry leaders. They have come together to offer an exciting, vibrant business where you can make a difference and where progression is achievable. One of the UK's leading housebuilders and world-leaders in off-site manufacturing and construction of schools, hospitals, restaurants and residential buildings are looking to add to their team. Using intelligent off-site processes, they aim to provide customisable, high quality homes and create inspiring places to live.
Summary of Position:
Working for an innovative and dynamic, recently established, well capitalised innovative and dynamic business, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Inventor CAD Design Engineer
Working as part a factory based technical team, under the leadership of the Technical Director, the Design Engineer will perform a variety of design and drafting activities, including preparing and updating the product 3D models, preparing assembly and manufacturing drawings in an appropriate 2D format, maintaining part and component hierarchies, to maximise the flexibility of the design and to deal effectively with the increasing requirement for product variety and variations.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for interpreting the requirements of the customer and the architectural designers to ensure that the products, components and parts designed meet these requirements and comply with appropriate building codes, regulations and other relevant compliance standards.
The Design team will also play a pivotal role in driving and controlling the Engineering Change Request system, as the product design evolves, maintaining the physical and digital records of both the base designs, the variants and the 'as built' records.
- Under the guidance of the Design Manager and Technical Director, liaise with internal and external customers, end users, statutory bodies and design consultants to ensure smooth delivery of the project through all stages of design.
- Assist on all stages of the new product design process to control and interrogate the activities of external design consultants and internal design team members.
- Providing expert technical advice, maintaining consistent link to the end users, clients and statutory bodies.
- Identify and manage risks identifying design solutions to eliminate, reduce or control risks during the construction and final operation of the building
- Liaise with internal and external clients, end users, statutory bodies and design consultants to ensure smooth delivery of the project through all stages of design.
- Participate actively design team meetings.
- Comply with the processes stipulated under the companies BOPAS and other Quality Assurance Processes, liaising with all relevant bodies as required.
- Work with internal and external designers to discharge any conditions or approvals.
- Provide information and support to achieve/maintain BOPAS or other accreditation scheme compliance.
- To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
Qualifications & Training:
- A good degree in an engineering or science based discipline
- English and Maths pass at GCSE / 'O' Level
- Experience in offsite product manufacture with specific knowledge of new product design development.
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations.
- Knowledge of Building Regulations and BOPAS accreditation scheme.
- Full working knowledge of Autodesk design tools including Inventor, Revit, Vault and AutoCad.
- Experience within Offsite and Modern Methods of Construction.
Qualities & Attitude:
- Positive, self-motivated and able to work effectively without close supervision
- Excellent communications skills, oral, written and using PowerPoint or similar
- With the ability to work as part of a multi-functional team, respecting alternative professional skills and opinions
- Skilled in the use of IT equipment and common office products such as the Microsoft Office suite and email
This is a permanent role with an annual salary up to £40,000pa + full benefits package.
Please note that every effort will be made to contact all applicants, however due to the high volume in candidate applications if you have not had a response to your submission within 10 days please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960411278