Mechanical Design Engineer - Interior Trim - Luxury OEM - Midlands
Our client, a luxury OEM located in the Midlands, is looking to recruit a contract Mechanical Design Engineer focussing on interior trim. The main role is to engineer solutions for all aspects of Automotive Interior Trim, and to design automotive interior components to ensure compliance to company and industry standards.
· Design and package of interior trim systems and associated components in compliance to legal and industry standards.
· Manage product structure in Computer Aided Design and coordinate all data import / export to/from suppliers.
· Investigate concerns from component testing, prototype and production builds to establish root cause and design solutions.
· Support virtual build events and other cross functional reviews to ensure compatibility of components with interfacing systems and design surfaces.
·Assist in developing component and system function, quality and attribute targets and ensure that all designs are compatible with these targets.
Key Skills and Qualifications
· Educated to degree level or equivalent within an engineering related discipline with automotive experience in component design.
· Experienced NX user.
·Knowledge of Interior components.
· Knowledge of reading, interpreting and definition of technical drawings to ensure robust definition of component parts and assemblies.
· Understanding of automotive component costs.
· Experience in structures design, plastics design, foam design, ICEM Surfacing, Alias Surfacing.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960420047