Design Engineer, Body Structures, Special Vehicle Projects
Our client, one of the world's most prestigious luxury OEM's, is looking to recruit a contract Design Engineer with expertise in body engineering and composites for its Special Vehicle Projects division. This team produces low volume and bespoke builds and race cars for clients and for prestigious events such as the Le Mans 24 hour race.
The purpose of the role is the realisation of component design & package on all areas in respect of body engineering in order to produce finished detailed CAD designs and drawings.
- CAD design and modelling of body engineering components
- Preparation of detailed drawings to company drafting standards
- Some preparation of engineering release packs
- Work under the direction of project engineer or PMST leader on a day to day basis
- Investigation of build issues in prototype and on line to establish root cause and design changes required
- Design of components using NX
- Use Digibuck to review and present design concepts
- The successful candidate will be able take the CAD design from concept to finished CAD model and produce finished drawings for engineering release. Some preparation of basic paperwork for engineering release may also be required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering related discipline.
- Skilled in automotive component design using NX.
- Experienced in design of body structures and composite components.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960420048